Dear Readers: UET News has recently started a new project for the students of engineering, Need any help in projects contact us there ====> The Engineering Projects


Notice Board : Computer 4 Sale Want to buy a laptop Tutor is required
Announcement : We need Admins from different departments to write for the blog ... if anyone intrested then Contact Us.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Microsoft visual studio 2010 Com Port


I have worked on a Microsoft visual studio 2010 Com Port Project in which I have to send data from Serial Port to Computer. I have used Arduino board through which I was sending data to computer. In Computer, I have designed a software which was receiving that data. I have designed this software using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, which is an excellent software.
So, I was sending data via Com Port in Visual studio 2010 and the language I used is Visual Basic. I searched a lot on Internet and finally I get help through this wonderful article named as Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Com Port tutorial, which has helped a lot to me.  So, if you have any such project then must give it a try, its worth it.
By the way, its not much of a rocket science, as if you some project on Microsoft visual studio Com Port then simply  Use the Serial Port component available in Microcsoft visual studio toolbox. Its really quite of a help.

I am not gonna share how I did it because that’s already covered in the above mentioned link and you can easily get it thorugh that, I am just sharing my experience of How I did it. At the end of Microsoft Visual Studio com Port project I got something as shown in below figure:


So now first of all, I need to select the COM Port from the available Com ports and then I select the Baud rate which I normally used is 9600 and finally I hit the connect button and then whatever I reight in the text box it send over to Arduino once I hit the Send button.
Similarly when I send any data from Arduino, I received it in my Rich Text Box automatically as it works on interrupts so it was quite easy to handle and worked perfectly. Give it a try (Y).

0 comments:

Confused? Feel free to ask

Your feedback is always appreciated. I will try to reply to your queries as soon as time allows.
Note:-
Please do not spam Spam comments will be deleted immediately upon my review.

Regards,
XEO Hacker

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons